Learn easy and effective strategies to stop arguing and whining; reduce power struggles; deliver effective consequences and so much more. Learn what really builds a child’s self concept and how to teach responsibility. Love and Logic is respected by parents, teachers and professionals nationwide with over a 30 year track record. For additional details go to www.blueprintparenting.com or call Facilitator, Jane Costello at 860-748-3814. This class is ideal for parents with children from 2 to 12 years, but Jane also tailors class materials and discussions to address common issues with teenagers.
- September 27 – October 25, Tuesday evenings, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm: (9/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18, 10/25) $125/person plus $10 for materials or $175/couple plus $20 for materials. Make-up classes are available.
- November 10 – December 15 (no class on 11/24), Thursday mornings, 9:30 am – 11:30 am: ( 11/10, 11/17, 12/1, 12/8, 12/15) $125/person, plus $10 for materials or $175/couple plus $20 for materials. Make-up classes are available. To request childcare, please submit details here: Contact Us.
Drop in Monday mornings and connect with other parents who have completed the Love & Logic Early Childhood Parenting Made Fun series. This loosely facilitated discussion and support group will be led by Jane Costello of Blueprint Parenting. Share experiences, review L&L techniques, and brainstorm together to help refresh your skills, and rejuvenate your enthusiasm. Parents will be divided into groups based upon the ages of participants’ children.
- September 12 – December 12, Mondays, 10 – 11:30 am: (no class on 10/10) Drop in fee: $10 per person – paid on site. Cash, Checks or MC/Visa accepted. Or pay $75 to drop in on any or all of the 12 fall classes.
Would you know what to do if your child’s airway was blocked or a loved one was unresponsive? Parents, expectant parents, grandparents, babysitters and friends are taught lifesaving skills in a dynamic group environment by using the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which provides students with the most hands-on CPR practice time possible. The Family & Friends CPR Course teaches the lifesaving skills of adult Hands-Only® CPR, child CPR with breaths, adult and child AED use, infant CPR and relief of choking in an adult, child or infant.
Family & Friends CPR is for people who want to learn CPR but do not need a course completion card in CPR for their job. This course is ideal for schools and students, new parents, grandparents, babysitters and others interested in learning how to save a life. This course does not provide a course completion card; however, students receive a tear-out participation card in their student manual.
This course is led by Peter Fontaine, EMT, BLS-I, a certified American Heart Association instructor, $35 per person. Upcoming Classes:
Prenatal Yoga Series: We will focus and strengthen our bodies for birth through asanas (postures), breathing exercises, meditation, and visualization. Flexibility, strength, mindfulness and confidence will grow with each class as will a sense of well-being. Moms-to-be will connect with their babies as well as other the other women in the class. Classes are appropriate for new and experienced yogis. Classes led by Jill Hebert. Registration required.
- Session I: October 20 – December 15, Thursdays 6-7:15 pm: (no class on Thanksgiving) 8 class series $96
Connect with other moms with infants while learning about your baby. New topics will be introduced each week including, how to calm your baby using Harvey Karp’s, Happiest Baby on the Block techniques, a discussion on developmental milestones, sleep strategies and more. Parents and babies (non-walkers) are welcome.
This six week series is facilitated by Debbie Johnson, M.Ed., an experienced parent educator and mother of three. $60 per six week series.
The Firefly Center is pleased to host a variety of informative speakers and educational workshops for parents! Open to up to 25 people, (registration requested) doors open at 6:45 p.m. and each month workshops will run from 7-8:30 p.m.
November 30, Wednesday, 7-8:30 pm, $10/person.
- Yes, You Can! Raise Financially Aware Kids. Join Ken Dougherty, Vice President, American Century Investments and Joseph Curran, Assistant Vice President, Financial Advisor from Merrill Lynch as they present Yes, You Can! Raise Financially Aware Kids. After all, if you don’t talk to your kids about money, who will? More than ever kids are the targets of marketers and schools do not teach financial education – leaving this critical life skill as an often overlooked subject. In this 90 minute presentation you will learn tips for money talks with kids, suggestions around allowance, how to talk about spending and budgeting, investing and financial goal setting and more. Best of all, you’ll walk away with discussion points and a framework to work from as you to engage your kids in these important topics.
Childbirth Education Workshops
Please Contact Us for details. These workshops are scheduled around participants schedules, typically on Saturdays.
The Firefly Center Refund Policies: Most of The Firefly Center classes are taught by independent teachers and therefore, occasionally refund policies will vary. However, our general policy is to refund any class fees requested 72 hours prior to the start of the class or series. Should you enroll in a class and need to cancel within 72 hours, monies paid may be applied to a future class or series. Missed classes are not refundable but many classes offer make up class opportunities. Please inquire if you are interested in the specific policy of a particular class.